Friday, October 10, 2008

Our house in the middle of our street


Ok, I really am trying to figure this out but I am having a difficult time! I'll try posting, see how it goes, let me know.

So our house is coming along. We are in the middle of having people tear out old dead landscaping, so it looks really ugly in our front and back yard. I've painted the breakfast nook like a nice sage green and Mike is half-way done with putting up the wainescot. (I don't know how to spell that.) Our lavender bathroom is now primered white as well as our hot pink bathroom. It's all little things but they add up! You know all we have left is carpet, hardwood flooring, baseboards, doors, doorhandles, blinds, and a few light fixtures, and new kitchen appliances! Eventually new tiling in the showers too! I get so excited-I want to do it all now! But it's going to take a very long time I'm thinking.

So in the meantime we are just boring. We did Jeep up to Bluejay and eat at "The Malt Shop" though...

8 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad that you guys have a blog now--And I get to be the first person to comment :) You'll be suprised to find that you won't even have to make stuff up.
I can't wait to see your house with you two moved in. It's so much fun to make it all your own huh.

Unknown said...

I have to add my excitement to Kim's. I love that you guys blog, now. Now, we can keep in touch and know what's going on with more family a little better. I love your background. Thinking of changing ours...

Destry Merritt said...

Yea...Hello out there! I haven't seen you forever so it's fun to see what's going on! And what do you mean this blog thing is hard? You already have it so cute! Also, congrats on the house. You will have it done up wonderful as well. Can't wait to keep it touch better :)

Destry Merritt said...

PS. Good title. Ha, Ha...So witty!

Karen said...

Congrats you Two! Buying a home is another big accomplishment. Your puppies are cute! I can't wait to visit and If you need help let me know. Toodles :)

Mike and Kara said...

oh yay, i'm excited that you guys visited! I'll try real hard to be very interesting and worthwhile! as far as the house goes, it's still pretty bare, we have no furniture :(

skyler and ashley said...

tiny little Kara!!!! and Mike of course too!!! I'm so glad that you have joined the fabulous world of blogging!! I really miss you guys and wish we were able to see you more often. I guess we will have to live via the blog for now:) Congratulations on the house! That's very exciting! Can't wait to hear more from you- take care!!